Insider Tips & Hacks - What You Must Know
- Always browse through the official website of St Paul’s Cathedral before planning your visit so that you can schedule your visit based on specific events and performances.
- The choral evensong that takes place in the evening on weekdays is fascinating – don’t miss it!
- You must be aware of St Paul’s Cathedral’s unique acoustics. It is preferable to visit the Cathedral when it is quiet and not crowded to experience it fully.
- Plan to keep aside two hours while visiting the St. Paul’s Cathedral for a satisfying experience.
- Since the entire Cathedral tour, including the walk to the dome, is no walk in the park, make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- If you are not too interested in exploring the cathedral, visit it on a Sunday and simply stand outside to catch a glimpse of the cathedral's weekly ringing of the bells.
- If you are a keen photographer, ensure that you stick to non-flash photography at all times.
- Since St Paul’s Cathedral is a place of worship, dress modestly.
- If you are an ardent Harry Potter devotee, look out for the Geometric Staircase situated in the South West Bell Tower of the Cathedral. If you look closely, you will recognize its presence in the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!
- If you are wheelchair-user or have mobility issues, then you can enter through the South Churchyard.
St. Paul's Cathedral History
Inside St. Paul's Cathedral
You Might Also Like
Hampton Court Palace